Powered by Blogger.
RSS

The First

Hello there.
(Disclaimer: this will probably be the most boring post because I'm getting all the basics out. Sorry. Read anyways!!!!)
 For those of you that don't know who I am or what this blog is about, let me explain a little. My name is Stephanie, I am 24 years old (25 in Korean age, I'll explain later) and I come from Michigan, USA. I came to Korea on March 5, 2013 and will be living here for about 1 year. I will attend a language school where I will study Korean language everyday. I would like to become a translator and my ultimate goal is to be  someone who translates movies and TV shows.
I actually have already graduated college with my degree in Marketing and had a minor in East Asian Studies. I already studied abroad in Japan for a semester in 2010 and did a cultural exchange in Korea for a month back in 2011.
I became interested in Korean culture, history, language, music and everything else after I met my roommate freshman year in college. She was a Korean who was adopted by an American family and had an interest in Japanese music,culture and TV. After that I accidentally stumbled onto Korean music and TV because I couldn't tell the difference. I then decided to study abroad in Japan and my roommate and I went together. While I was there I made some friends from around the world, a lot of whom were Korean. They really helped to grow my interest in Korea. After that I decided to join the Korean club at school, go to Korea and take a language course. I made a lot of Korean friends and my interest in Korea grew bigger. I really didn't know what I wanted to do when I graduated so I decided to study Korean in Korea for a year! And here we are now!!!!! (My friend Kim is also here with me studying.)
Most of you probably don't know much about Korea, right? Here is a brief summary: There is a North and South Korea. I am in South, North is communist. It is not a third world country. South Korea is about the size of Kentucky or Indiana. The capital in Seoul (where I live). About 1/2 of Korea's population lives in Seoul. Its the second largest metropolitan area in the world. Korean is the only written language in the world that has records of how it was made. Not everyone is short the average height for Korean men is 5' 8 1/2" ( 173cm) for women its 5' 3 1/2" (161cm).   Hmmmm.... I'll insert more cultural tidbits in with my blogs.

I think that is all for now. I'll update again soon!

Stephanie

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment